Why have an estate sale?
Whether you're moving, downsizing, remodeling, or liquidating a loved one's belongings, here are a few reasons:
1. Estate sales are the best way to maximize the sales price for most personal property found in a home.
2. Estate sales are the most direct and profitable way to sell personal property to the general public.
3. Estate sales are an incredibly efficient way to clear a house of possessions and make it ready for sale.
What types of items do you sell?
Keep in mind the saying that "One man's junk is another man's treasure". You don't need to have antiques or collectables to hold a successful estate sale. Never throw anything away before we have a chance to review.
What is your service area?
We provide estate liquidation services to Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Volusia, Brevard, Indian River, Lake, Sumter, Hernando, Pasco, Polk and Hillsborough Counties. If you are outside of the area, give us a call and maybe we can work something out… At minimum, we can refer you to someone.
How do you advertise the sale?
We are marketing and design experts.
We pride ourselves on the effectiveness of our advertising process. Everything we do, from choosing appropriate wording for ads to deciding which streets to place signs on, is done with the intent of making a sale successful.
We advertise on our own website and all of the main estate sale websites - estatesales.net, .org and .com. We have a following of regular customers, and we notify past customers through our extensive email list.
Do you discount items on the last day of the sale?
Our pricing strategy differs from most estate liquidators. We price fairly from the beginning so we can sell through as much as possible from the onset of the sale. On the last day of a sale, we are open to reasonable offers and will negotiate on any items that haven't sold. One of our goals is to sell everything, so there is nothing left behind for you to worry about.
What do you charge?
There are NO upfront fees.
We work on a percentage of total sales. After our inspection of the home, during our initial consultation, we'll determine a fair rate based on contents of the home and scope of work. Then, together, we'll agree on the rate and sign a contract. Once the contract has been signed, there are NO extra fees.
How long are your sales?
It really depends on the size of the home and the amount of personal property to be sold.
Our sales are usually 2 to 3 days. We will determine the best days to hold the sale based on your needs, schedule, and events that may be happening in your area.
Can you sell the home as well?
Currently, we are not licensed to sell real estate in Florida. However, we previously worked in real estate and have a network of excellent REALTOR friends we can connect you with.
Do I need to be moved out of the house for the sale?
Not exactly, but we will need room to work.
We prefer that when our team arrives we transform the house into a shopping environment and maintain a no-resident policy, but this is not absolutely necessary. We ask that the owner or estate executor not be on the premises for the setup or during the sale, as things can get emotional.
Do you allow previews or presales?
All shoppers have an equal chance to purchase the most sought-after items in each sale.
Top 5 things to know
1. We don't charge extra fees for anything. Pricing your items, setting up the sale, making it look fantastic, advertising it, staffing it, and cleaning up after—it's all included in our rate.
2. You don't have to do anything.
3. We'll pay you within 5 days of the sale, and we'll give you a complete report detailing the inventory and what each item sold for.
4. We are bonded, insured, and licensed.
5. In the event that there are items left at the end of the sale, we can donate them to charity in your name or return them to you. We'll review the options with you during the initial consultation.